2/9 3-5PM IN DANBURY OR
2/16 1-3PM IN ORANGE
Hello Orthodox Youth Mission Team Members,
Glory to Jesus Christ! Glory Forever!
At our next training session we will be sending out our Stock Sales and going over some basic training material for our ASP trip this summer. A few notes about stock sales:
- Stock Sales is our biggest fundraiser for this project.
- Everyone is expected to participate (as a reminder, in the Covenant you sign in to participate on the mission team you agree to sell 50 shares of stock (which amounts to $500) to help defer the costs of the mission trip.
- The volunteer fee that youth pay goes in total to ASP. It does not cover transportation, hotel and travel expenses and training expenses.
- If participating in the stock sales is an issue for you or your family, we will be looking for you to raise the funds that would have come from stock in another way. We do not want to see any $0 stock numbers for any youth team members.
- Another way to help sell stock is to participate in your parish fellowship sales.
For new members, we offer “mock stock” shares for $10 each to friends and family as a way of “investing” in our youth. In return, “investors” get to follow our progress and are invited to a thank you presentation when we return from Appalachia. For the training we ask that each youth member (family) bring pre-printed address labels to the meeting for people you will send stock packets to. We suggest using your Christmas card list. If this is your first time, you will be surprised at the number of people even beyond the church who are happy to see youth involved in giving of themselves to others and are pleased to support this effort.
We will provide envelopes, stamps and all materials.
Training #2 will take place in Danbury on Sunday, Feb. 9th from 3-5 p.m. (followed by a brief adult leader meeting). It will take place in Orange on Sunday, Feb. 16thfrom 1-3 p.m. If you are unable to make either of these training sessions, please let Susan (email@example.com) and Shaun (firstname.lastname@example.org) know asap. Please also bring $5 for refreshments.
Last but not least, the final payment of $175 for volunteer fees is due at this meeting.
Any questions, please contact me.