Hello Orthodox Youth Mission Team,
Christ is Risen! Indeed He is Risen!
We hope you are all enjoying a most blessed and beautiful Pascha celebration! Guess what? Only 67 days until we leave for Appalachia! And, in case you didn’t hear, we have received our assignment. We will be going to Clay County, WV. You can click here to learn a little more about our center and the county we will be serving.
This coming Saturday we have our construction day from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Holy Trinity in Danbury, CT. We will be putting the tool and safety skills you learned last session to work and building a garden fence. A few reminders:
- Eat breakfast before you come
- Wear ASP work clothes (long pants, work boots, t-shirt with sleeves) and bring a reusable water bottle, hat and sunscreen (and rain gear if the weather forecast calls for it—there are no rain days on ASP!)
- Bring your personal tool kit which should now be updated to include any missing items.
- Work gloves (2 pairs preferable)
- Safety glasses if you have them
- Measuring tape
- Carpenter pencil
- Nail apron if you have one
- Refillable water bottle
- Hat or bandana
We will provide lunch. Please bring $5.
You’ll also get to meet our two newest team members: Lexi and Jamison who come with lots of mission team experience and we look forward to officially introducing them to everyone.
We will expect to see everyone on Saturday since no one has let us know they are unable to attend. Only 3 training sessions left and each one is critical at this point—let’s push for a strong finish to our training.
Looking forward to seeing you all!
In the Risen Christ, Susan
P.S. Bring any additional stock you may have received. Stock sales are going very well! You will be receiving information shortly on sending thank you notes to all your donors—don’t worry, there’s a form letter for you to use!