You will have two options for making up our Stock Sale Meeting.
1. Saturday Feb. 25th 6:00-8:00 p.m. at St. John’s in Stratford (600 Silver Lane, Stratford, CT 06614). There will be Vespers at 4:00 p.m. and Alex will give a presentation about missions at 4:45 p.m. Following the presentation there will be some refreshments and an opportunity for Q & A with Alex. It’s a great opportunity to learn more about our host organization, OCMC, and also to speak to someone who has already done what you are about to do and we urge teens and parents to take advantage of this opportunity. From 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. we will have our meeting and get our stock letters addressed and ready to mail. And, we will get to do an OYMT meeting at Melissa’s church which never happens. Yay!
2. Sunday Feb. 26th 1:00-3:00 at Holy Trinity in Danbury, CT. Liturgy at 10:00 a.m. followed by a brunch to support OCMC and a presentation by Alex, and a Q & A. From 1:00-3:00 p.m. we will have a meeting to send out our stock letters out. Again, if you (and your parents) can come in time for the presentation it will be very beneficial but the meeting will be from 1:00-3:00 p.m.
We are asking that all team members attend one or the other of these two meetings. It is imperative that we get our stock letters out before the beginning of March. Please let me know which meeting you plan to attend. If you absolutely (no way) can meet either of these two times, please let me know ASAP.
As with today, please bring your mailing list on peel and stick address labels to the meeting, along with $5 which will be a donation to OCMC since dinner/brunch is being provided. Also, please bring your $150 final payment to which ever meeting you attend.
OCMC staff will join us in Danbury for a weekend training session and we will immerse ourselves at a fun-filled retreat in preparation for our mission in Alaska.
Arrive at Holy Trinity on Saturday, April 29th at 8:30 a.m. for breakfast. We will also provide lunch, dinner, and breakfast after liturgy on Sunday.
What to pack:
- ASP dress code appropriate attire for day sessions (no work boots required) and sleeping
- a Bible
- clothes for liturgy on Sunday
- air mattress or mat and sleeping bag (NOTE: on our trip we will not be bringing air mattresses, only camping mats. This may be a good time to purchase and try out your mat to make sure it works for you.) If the weather cooperates, boys/men may be sleeping outside—we will provide the tents
- Please bring all stock sales and fundraiser proceeds
- Government issued photo i.d
- There will be separate bathrooms for males and females; no showers.
- We will be making breakfast on Sunday as a fundraiser for our trip.
- The training session will end for youth on Sunday at 2 p.m. Youth are expected to be here for the entire time unless you have already cleared an exception with me. (Adult leaders will have an additional session with Andy from 2:00-4:00 p.m.)
PARENTS: There will be a Q&A session for parents with Andy from 1:00-2:00 p.m. on Sunday. A parent for each teen is strongly encouraged to attend. This will be your one opportunity to speak directly with someone from OCMC about our trip and get any and all questions you have answered.
No turning back now!!
This is the date our airlines reservations will be locked in. After this point, anyone who needs to back out for any reason will be responsible for reimbursing their airfare in full.
Please join us for our first gathering as a team to get to know each other and do a project to fundraise at our respective parishes.
Bring $4 for dinner.
We are pleased to cordially invite you to attend the Orthodox Youth Mission Team’s Reunion Gala on Saturday, November 26th in Bridgeport, Connecticut. The evening will bring together past and present participants, benefactors, clergy, and friends and family that have been involved with OYMT throughout the past twelve years of service. We’ll celebrate TEN successful mission trips, and all proceeds will contribute to future service.
Date: Saturday, November 26, 2022
Time: 6:00pm – 11:00pm
Venue: 364 Mill Hill Avenue, Bridgeport, Connecticut
Tickets: $50, all inclusive
Cocktail hour, dinner, dancing with DJ Bill Lopez, and a silent auction.
RSVP: Kindly RSVP at the link below by November 12, 2022.
Ticket purchase information can be found at this link.
Please feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or Lexi Klimaszewski (203-997-3462) with any questions or concerns. Additionally, please send any and all pictures from past trips to Lexi at email@example.com for inclusion in a slideshow video. If you have any special physical memorabilia from any of the trips, we’d love to see that brought to the event for showcase as well.
We are fortunate enough to have had 106 people from the Tri-State Area alone participate in at least one OYMT trip over the past twelve years, and the majority returned for at least a second year. If you include participants from other states at our all-OYMT ASP centers in 2018, 2019, and 2022, that number tops 200. We truly hope to see as many former participants as possible at this event, so that it may be a true reunion and celebration of OYMT’s growth and service.
Take a break from holiday craziness, come enjoy a luxury shopping experience and benefit OYMT. Enjoy festive refreshments and raffle prizes as you find beautiful gifts for everyone on your list from our wonderful vendors:
Mary Kay: skincare and cosmetics
Touchstone Crystal: jewelry
New England Abbey Candles
Traveling Chic Boutique: clothing and accessories
Sarah’s Stampin’ Up! cards and supplies
Scout & Cellar: wine tasting
$5 Shopping Pass includes access to Santa’s secret gift stash, holiday cheer and treats, and an entry for a wonderful door prize. Winner need not be present.
Email OYMT.firstname.lastname@example.org for your pass today!
Our first training session!
Please bring any fundraiser money, deposits, and missing forms, as well as $5 for dinner.
Adult leaders meeting at 5:00.
At this first meeting, we will have a chance to meet new team members, get an overview of this year’s project and start to delve into the theme for 2023.
TIME CHANGED to 1:00-3:00PM
Please join us for our second mandatory training session in Danbury.
Bring $5 for dinner, final $175 volunteer payment and complete any missing registration information before you leave.
NO Adult leader meeting.
It is imperative that we get our stock letters out before the beginning of April. If you absolutely (no way) cannot attend, please email OYMT.email@example.com ASAP.
Please bring your mailing list on peel and stick address labels, along with $5 for dinner.
Adult Leader meeting at 5pm.