OCMC staff will join us in Danbury for a weekend training session and we will immerse ourselves at a fun-filled retreat in preparation for our mission in Alaska.
Arrive at Holy Trinity on Saturday, April 29th at 8:30 a.m. for breakfast. We will also provide lunch, dinner, and breakfast after liturgy on Sunday.
What to pack:
- ASP dress code appropriate attire for day sessions (no work boots required) and sleeping
- a Bible
- clothes for liturgy on Sunday
- air mattress or mat and sleeping bag (NOTE: on our trip we will not be bringing air mattresses, only camping mats. This may be a good time to purchase and try out your mat to make sure it works for you.) If the weather cooperates, boys/men may be sleeping outside—we will provide the tents
- Please bring all stock sales and fundraiser proceeds
- Government issued photo i.d
- There will be separate bathrooms for males and females; no showers.
- We will be making breakfast on Sunday as a fundraiser for our trip.
- The training session will end for youth on Sunday at 2 p.m. Youth are expected to be here for the entire time unless you have already cleared an exception with me. (Adult leaders will have an additional session with Andy from 2:00-4:00 p.m.)
PARENTS: There will be a Q&A session for parents with Andy from 1:00-2:00 p.m. on Sunday. A parent for each teen is strongly encouraged to attend. This will be your one opportunity to speak directly with someone from OCMC about our trip and get any and all questions you have answered.